Last updated on 13 June 2022
Our Sites may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our Sites, we encourage you to read the privacy statements of every website you visit.
We will take all practicable steps to ensure the security of personal data and to avoid unauthorised or accidental access, erasure or other use. This includes physical, technical and procedural security methods, where appropriate, to ensure that the personal data may only be accessed by authorised personnel.
Please note that if you do not provide us with your personal data (or relevant personal data relating to persons appointed by you to act on your behalf) we may not be able to provide the information, products or Services you have asked for or process your requests, inquiries, applications or registrations.
Information we collect
The types of information that we may collect and receive from you while you use the Services are described in this section and include both information that you provide to us and information that we collect automatically when you use the Services.
Personal data: Personal data is information from which an individual can be identified directly or indirectly. We may collect personal information that you provide through the Services, for example, through your completing forms or setting up accounts on the Sites, through an enrolment form in order to register for our programs and services, through requests to receive marketing materials and information, by contacting Sericin customer service, by responding to Sericin questionnaires or surveys, or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This may include information such as your name, title, mailing address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, login or user name, Identity Card number, bank and payment information, transaction data, device and browsing information, such as your IP address and professional information.
Cookies and other similar technologies: When you use our Services, we also may collect information relating to your usage and device, generally from four sources: server log files, cookies, “pixel tags,” and Google Analytics.
– Pixel Tags: The Sites may use so-called “pixel tags”, “web beacons”, “clear GIFs” or similar means (collectively, “Pixel Tags”) to compile aggregate statistics about Site usage and response rates. Pixel Tags allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Sites, to deliver branded services, and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted email messages, Pixel Tags can tell the sender whether and when the email has been opened.
– Do Not Track Signals: At this time, we do not respond to “Do Not Track” signals from your web browser due to the lack of an established industry standard. For more information about “Do Not Track” signals, please visit https://allaboutdnt.com/.
From time to time we may collect data referred to above for the following purposes:
1. to process your requests, inquiries, applications and registration for our products and Services;
2. to perform or discharge the functions of Sericin and any other member of the Group;
3. to provide you with our products and Services and administer your account in relation to such products and Services;
4. to conduct research and statistical analysis;
5. to manage or develop our business relationship with you (e.g., to respond to questions, invite you to events, etc.);
6. to manage other everyday business purposes, such as payment processing and financial account management, product development, contract management, Site administration, fulfilment, analytics, fraud prevention, corporate governance, reporting and legal compliance.
7. to process your application for employment or engagement within Sericin to assess your suitability as a candidate for such position and to conduct reference checks with your previous employers; and
8. other purposes directly relating to any of the above.
The information we collect from your device is used to better design our Sites. We analyse this information to enhance Site security and to track the popularity of certain pages of the Sites, the success of our email notifications, traffic levels on the Sites and other usage data, all of which helps us to provide content tailored to your interests and improve the Sites and related products and Services. For example, we may understand that X number of individuals visited a certain area on our Sites, or that Y number of people applied for jobs, but we would not disclose anything that could be used to identify those individuals.
Where you have given your consent and have not subsequently opted out, we may also use your name, mailing address, telephone number and email address to send promotional materials to you and conduct direct marketing activities in relation to Sericin Services and information services, and Services offered by other members of the Group. If you do not wish to receive any promotional and direct marketing materials from us or do not wish to receive particular types of promotional and direct marketing materials or do not wish to receive such materials through any particular means of communication, please contact us through one of the communication channels set out in the “Contact Us” section below. To ensure that your request can be processed quickly please provide your full name, email address, log in name, if applicable, and details of the product and/or Service you have subscribed.
Other transfers of your personal data
For one or more of the purposes specified above, your personal data may be:
1. transferred to other members of the Group and made available to appropriate persons in the Group, in Hong Kong or elsewhere and in this regard you consent to the transfer of your data outside of Hong Kong;
2. supplied to any agent, contractor or third party who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment, debt collection, data processing or other services to Sericin and/or any of other member of the Group in Hong Kong or elsewhere; and
3. other parties as notified to you at the time of collection.
Compliance with laws and regulations
Sericin and other members of the Group may be required to retain, process and/or disclose your personal or other data in order to comply with applicable laws and regulations or in order to comply with a court order, subpoena or other legal process (whether in Hong Kong or elsewhere), or to comply with a request by a government authority, law enforcement agency or similar body (whether situated in Hong Kong or elsewhere). Sericin and other members of the Group may need to disclose your personal data in order to enforce any agreement with you, protect our rights, property or safety, or the rights, property or safety of our employees.
Access and correction of personal data
Under the PDPO, you have the right to ascertain whether we hold your personal data, to obtain a copy of the data, and to correct any data that is inaccurate. You may also request us to inform you of the type of personal data held by us. All data access requests shall be made using the form prescribed by the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data (“Privacy Commissioner”) which may be found on the official website of the Office of the Privacy Commissioner or via this link: https://www.pcpd.org.hk/english/publications/files/Dforme.pdf Requests for access and correction of personal data or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held by us should be addressed in writing and sent by post to us (see the “Contact Us” section below).
A reasonable fee may be charged to offset our administrative and actual costs incurred in complying with your data access requests.
Termination or cancellation
Should your account or relationship with us be cancelled or terminated at any time, we shall cease processing your personal data as soon as reasonably practicable following such cancellation or termination, provided that we may keep copies of your data as is reasonably required for archival purposes, for use in relation to any actual or potential dispute, for the purpose of compliance with applicable laws and regulations and for the purpose of enforcing any agreement we have with you, for protecting our rights, property or safety, or the rights, property or safety of our employees, and for performing or discharging our functions, obligations and responsibilities.
By email: email@example.com
By post: Sericin Limited, Unit 19D, 40 Wong Chuk Hang Road, Southern District, Hong Kong